Become the Beautiful Flower

As a small child about 4 to 5 years old in kindergarden one day, as part of the days activities, the class was separated having the boys go to one side of the room and girls to the other.
I remember my teacher bending down to me, having to explain to me in what seemed like some length why it was that I was on the wrong side of the room and needed to be standing with the boys.
I remember how imbarrassed I felt as the boys laughed at me.
This was perhaps my first lesson that all the world lived for each others expectations.
Amara

"Many of us unconsciously believe that we’re unworthy or defective. We adopted this belief very early in our lives when the people we looked up to disapproved of our demands, wishes and behaviors. We concluded that we had to learn to be good.

Unfortunately, ‘being good’ usually meant giving up our own differences or uniqueness. We learned that we might get the love we wanted if we acted and felt like others wanted us to.

If we seek true joy and connection with life, we now need to remove these artificial masks and express our deep authentic nature.

"For all those years you’ve protected the seed. It’s time to become the beautiful flower."
~ Stephen C. Paul"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Son Wears My Clothes

CD/TV/TS labelling

New Science on Gender, Hormones and the Brain