GenderEvolve.com Website Preview

(by Michele Angelique)

In a previous post I mentioned creating GenderEvolve.com as a resource portal for the transgender community. Thanks so much to everyone who posted link suggestions, and I look forward to more as we go. Every link I followed lead to more great links. It is amazing how many awesome sites are out there, how many inspiring transpeople, leaders, communities, and how much progress has already been made.

The current form of this website is just a beginning point. The site itself will be a constant evolution, and I know that its current state is not optimal. There is much room for improvement in every area, and I look forward to collaborating with you all to make this possible. What you see on the site now is very simple, nothing fancy, created for virtually no cost. As things progress, the website will get more refined, but for now I just want something decent enough to put online.

The main links categories along the left menu are verbs:

Understand (clinical, family, medical, social)
Communicate (media, personals, chat, support groups)
Transform (everything pertaining to feminine beauty)
Celebrate (leaders, artists, musicians, literacy)

New links will be added continuously to every section, as we find them. In particular I would like help on screening through yahoo and msn type groups. There are thousands of these, and it is hard to tell what they are about just by the cover page. Many of them are restricted membership, so you have to actually join to see. It takes time to review these types of sites. We can not link them all, so we should only link those for which we know of a good reason to link them (ie: one of us or someone we know has been there and participated or lingered, and can recommend that group).

The purpose of GenderEvolve.com is to create an atmosphere of understanding, communication, transformation and celebration. In addition to all the links, we have an art gallery featuring about 100 fine art pieces. I included this because I want to showcase pictorial examples of femininity and grace, so this art gallery idea is a fun way to do that. We have an amazon.com bookstore, with titles on transgenderism, crossdressing, womens issues, beauty, and goddess spirituality. Links to the Art Gallery and Book Store can be found along the top menu.

Last, and definitely not least, we have our Features section, also listed on the top menu. This is where I would like to feature our contributions. Of all the searching I have done on the web for transgendered sites, I have not come upon any one site that has the depth and breadth of progressive dialogue between a group of transwomen, such as what we have been engaging in. We have something very special going on here. I think each of you incredible insights, and if you will allow me, I want to feature your contributions via the GenderEvolve website.

This being said, any of you that would prefer your input or photo remain off the website need only tell me and it will be done. This is not something I want to enforce upon any of you, nor can I presume that everyone wants to be featured. For this reason, I am giving you a preview, as the website is not yet live on its domain. I want to make sure this is o.k. by all of you, and get your input and comments before publishing it.

I would like for our blogspace to be the behind-the-scenes to our website. I do not plan on linking the blogspace to the website, as I would prefer the blogspace to remain somewhat private. This way, we can still have informal conversations on the blog and collaborate on future directions for the website.

I chose this day, July 31st, to reveal the site to you because it is my birthday. I figured that in years to come, we could all get together each year for a big party on July 31st to celebrate the anniversary of GenderEvolve, and at the same time it would be a good excuse to celebrate my birthday too! lol };o))

So without further adieu, may I present GenderEvolve.com in the making...
http://dominess.com/genderevolve/development

Please let me know what you think, and also, if you find any links that do not work or other technical difficulties... please do tell. Also, for your photos, each of you can send me up to 5 face pictures that you like and I will crop them and rotate them on the site. If you want to change your photo, you can send your photo preferences to me at ladydominess@yahoo.com.

I thank you all for giving me the inspiration to want to do something like this, and I look forward to your comments.

With all my love,
Michele

Comments

Amber Smith said…
Congrats on what looks to be a much-needed reference point for many, many people out there. What got my attention here, though, was your second paragraph:

The current form of this website is just a beginning point. The site itself will be a constant evolution, and I know that its current state is not optimal. There is much room for improvement in every area, and I look forward to collaborating with you all to make this possible. What you see on the site now is very simple, nothing fancy, created for virtually no cost. As things progress, the website will get more refined, but for now I just want something decent enough to put online.

That paragraph could very well be talking about me. I am constantly evolving, my current state is by no means optimal, and I too simply hope to have something decent enough at this point to put online.

Anyway, thanks for being there, all of you.

-A
Dee Femina said…
That is one amazing website. Wonderful wonderful, both in design and content.
You are a truely talented gem.

Well done sweet trans-crossdresser.

Popular posts from this blog

My Son Wears My Clothes

CD/TV/TS labelling

TOP 10 Signs She's Flirting